[mythtv-users] PVR350 and OSD, X, divx and so on...

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Oct 24 18:38:27 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have my Epia ME6000 running with CLE266 HW-decoder support. It is
quite nice. But there still are prebuffering pauses and slight stutters.

I'll get hands on a PVR350 next week and want to give the PVR-decoder a
go.

Just browsed the archives and googled, but couldn't find a definite
answer. I don't get the whole picture.

What I get is:

1. The PVR350 decoder is able to display LiveTV and Myth recordings via
the TV-out with overscan and OSD. Correct?

2. The PVR350 is able to display X as a framebuffer. Correct?

What I don't get is:

1. Is there a way to display divx and mpeg2 or DVDs via xine or mplayer?

2. Can the PVR350 display the Myth gui?

3. Can Dolby Digital be streamed to the sound card's Digital out, while
the PVR decodes the mpeg stream?

4. Is there a howto on the net, howto setup the PVR?

TIA,

Torsten