[mythtv-users] mythgame not finding MAME roms

Fri Oct 24 11:42:47 EDT 2003

> The command looks ok.
>
> "/usr/local/bin/xmame.x11 -rompath /mnt/nfs/games/roms/ -cheat_file
> /usr/local/share/xmame/cheats -history_file /usr/local/share/xmame/
> -snapshot_directory /usr/local/share/xmame/screens -skip_disclaimer
> -noskip_gameinfo -nocursor -x11-mode 1 -noscanlines -noartwork
> -noautoframeskip  -scale 1 -noantialias -notranslucency   -noanalogstick
> -nomouse -nowinkeys -nograbmouse -joytype 4 -sound -samples -volume -16
> -nocheat  -verifyroms 2>/dev/null"

"Looks OK"?  Did you try running it on the command line (and without feeding errors to /dev/null)?

> I get no info in the database.  I have tried dropping and re-adding the
> tables, with no luck.

It seems likely that the output of this command isn't the full list of roms and hence the parser isn't reading them and importing them into the DB (well, assume that is the null hypothesis and try to disprove).

I have a vague recollection that I was getting a segfault from xmame.xll if --history_file pointed to a directory rather than a file...?  This lead to a symptom where it appeared to do some work for a min or so, but the progress dialog never whizzed across the screen while it imported the roms.

Keep working on breaking out the command lines into xmame.  I have a hunch that when you run these from the command line manually you will find your problem

Good luck

Ed W