[mythtv-users] Mplayer crashes when run from MythVideo

Peer Sharer p2psharer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 03:01:02 EDT 2003

Greg, you're spot on. Removing the '&' from the end fixed it! Thanks!

Incidentally, what method does everyone use to launch Mythfrontend?

Thanks...

Scott

Greg Oldendick <oldendic at mailbox.sc.edu> wrote:

> Ok, I have a problem with running mplayer from MythVideo. From the
> shell prompt, mplayer works fine, but crashes when run from MythVideo
> with exactly the same arguments passed to it. This is using the
> current 0.12 release, but I have had the same problem with 0.11.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you running mythfrontend from the command line like this:

mythfrontend &

If so, don't =). Whenever I did that mplayer wouldn't launch from
mythvideo.