[mythtv-users] RE: FW: XF86Config for M10000 xfree 4.3.99.10

Patrick M. Gray, Jr. pgray at epcotnet.dyndns.org
Thu Oct 23 20:43:37 EDT 2003

Hi Rex,

The module that seems to give me hell is via_v4l_drv, which is in the
kernel config under Multimedia -> Video for Linux -> CLE266
(Experimental).

The driver was money with the via binary drivers in that there was never
any "window corruption" in xwindows, but when it came time to play
video, it was pink fuzzy time.  It was also impossible to get ivtv
loaded at the same time as the drivers.

With the via drivers in xfree-4.3.99.14, windows in fluxbox looked a
little "goofy" and would get artifacts when moving windows or just not
quite draw windows correctly, although I can finally watch video, albeit
with the issues I mentioned with the program guide.

I used the latest (non-CVS) ivtv compiled from source (no ebuild), and
would definitely appreciate a copy if you have something better,
although I'm considering bulding from CVS and going back to the via
binaries to see if I can get the "best of both worlds."

I can't find much info on getting the VIA MPEG decoder working with
myth, other than that there is a setting in the settings.pro file to
build in VIA mpeg decoder support.  If I can ever get my video issues
resolved that is my next "mission."

Pat