[mythtv-users] RPM packages?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 23 12:35:28 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 23, 2003, at 09:45 US/Pacific, Brad Sagowitz wrote:

> NM... I've found a how-to that basically says I need to think this
> through
> further which also means I won't have time to implement this before
> Sat.
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-
> howto.html

Yes, there's a bit to be done to set up a local apt repo. I've not
actually tried myself yet... It'll be a bit different than prescribed
in that Debian doc, since there are no dpkg tools in apt for rpm, but I
presume there are parallels. Axel? Care to enlighten us on how one
would quickly set up a local apt repo to share stuff to multiple
machines?

An alternative, which would also achieve much of the same goal (save
bandwidth and time) would be to kick off an install on one machine,
then just copy the files it downloads over to the other machines before
starting them on their way. All the packages are stored in
/var/cache/apt/archives. (You could also get creative w/an NFS share,
etc, etc).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE