[mythtv-users] Occasional metallic sound when recording

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Thu Oct 23 11:44:41 EDT 2003

Well, that was not it: I made sure no process was using /dev/dsp before
starting to record and I still got the darn metallic sound every now and
then.

I forgot to mention that when I am hearing the metallic sound, if I
increase the volume of the "line in" channel in the mixer, I hear the
audio from the TV tuner just fine.

What I'll try next is to connect the audio output from the TV tuner card
to my sound card's microphone input, instead of the line-in input just
to see if there are any differences, although I doubt it.

Other suggestions?

Cheers,

Eloy.-