[mythtv-users] Re: PVR350 Timing issues? (WatchingLiveTV->None->RecordingOnly and vice-versa)

Chris Delis chris at delis.net
Thu Oct 23 09:50:32 EDT 2003

> They appear to be binary.  Either way, I decided to pull my crappy ASUS
> mobo (with stupid VIA chipset) and purchase a new one.  It's not worth
> wasting any more of my time nor any of yours :-).  I had a case of
> VIA chipset denial and thought that the "AMD 761 chipset" was in the
> clear... apparently not.

Yeah, right.  Or so I thought.  I replaced my VIA chipset with an nForce2
(bad idea?).  I haven't had much time to test things, but I still notice
the same stupid timing issue when watching LiveTV and when a scheduled
recording kicks in.  If I let the popup dialog (that asks you what you
want to do, keep watching, stop recording, ...) timeout, the frontend
locks up and the recording stops.  bleh!

I used to have a stable myth box with 0.11 and using the nVidia FX 5200
for tvout.  (those were the days!).  It's just that I've passed the
point of no return with getting the pvr350 tvout thing working (plus,
now that I've witnessed the quality and compare to the FX 5200 tvout,
I can't go back to the FX!  It looks like crap).

Considering the ivtv decorder driver is alpha, I wouldn't mind so much.
But, it appears that I'm the only one experiencing this problem!