[mythtv-users] Myth w/ PVR-250, EPIA M-10000 on gentoo MORE INFORMATION

Patrick M. Gray, Jr. pgray at epcotnet.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 22 18:34:49 EDT 2003

It appears the problem is related to the damn VIA video drivers.  Ivtv
and via_v4l_drv (video for linux via driver) do not appear to like each
other, so they can't be loaded at the same time.

Removing via_v4l_drv breaks my ability to play mpeg files with xine, so
I think the via xfree drivers are looking for their counterpart v4l
drivers.  I think I'm going to have to switch from the binary via xfree
driver back to the one in the later Xfree distros and see how that goes.
Any other ideas are of course appreciated!

Pat