[mythtv-users] Black Bar on Bottom and Right Sides of Screen

Rich machinez at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 09:18:47 EDT 2003

I almost forgot about these black bars on the bottom
and right sides of the screen since I set the internal
Mythtv Horizontal Overscan to 4 and Vertical Overscan
to 2. However, since i've been using MythWeb(snap
shots) and Mencoder lately I can see that these bars
are encoded into the file. I'm capturing NTSC at
720x480 4.5/6.0 bitrate. I'm thinking it may possibly
be the TimeWarner Digital Cable box since it's OSD
seems to stretch a bit farther to the right than the
picture. In any case, is there a way to compensate for
this?

My system:
Shuttle SN41G2(Nforce2 - Gforce4 MX)
Athlon2500+