[mythtv-users] Re: PVR350 Timing issues? (WatchingLiveTV->None->RecordingOnly and vice-versa)

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 09:54:33 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 00:28, Chris Delis wrote:
> After searching the web some more, it appears that my ASUS A7M266 mobo
> does in fact have that stupid VIA chipset bug.  The "AMD 761 chipset"
> name they use to advertise confused me into thinking otherwise. :-(
>
> I went to the via website and noticed they have kernel patches for RedHat,
> Suse, Mandrake, Red Flag, but no DEBIAN!  ARgh...  Anyone know of a
> Debian patch anywhere?  Or do I simply have to get a new motherboard?
> I can't do without the PVR350 tvout!

I don't get it.  Why do the patches depend on the distribution?  Is it
becuse they are binary patches made for the standard kernels for those
particular distributions?  If so then you might be able to get the
config file for, say, the RH dist. and build you own RH-kernel and then
apply the patch.
The problem then is that you are stuck with that kernel...

-jose-