[mythtv-users] Help with Lirc installation

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 09:24:14 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 14:31, Chris Delis wrote:
> Torsten,
>
> Do you use PVR350's TVOUT?  Do you experience any problems with it at all?
> I know it's a new addition to Myth but I am trying to figure out what
> is wrong with my system in particular if it works perfectly for others.
> I don't want to waste my time poking around the code (although it is
> forcing me to learn more about the system) if it's "just me" having
> this problem.
>
> I posted a thread (where so far I am talking to myself :-), called:
> PVR350 Timing issues? (WatchingLiveTV->None->RecordingOnly and vice-versa)
>
> So far my take is that either there are few people using this or that I'm
> the only poor soul with this problem (or people are just ignoring the thread
> which, of course, is a genuine possibility! :-).
>
> Chris

I only got my 350 last week.  Now I have a 250 and a 350.  I have tv-out
working and it looks great.  I cannot tell the difference between it and
regular tv.  I saw the above-mentioned thread but at the time I had
nothing to contribute so I kept my emouth shut.

I guess I still don't have much to contribute except that the 350 looks
great and it is not hard to set up.  DO NOT run it on a "mission
critical" machine though.  I have noticed that the backend crashes
sometimes.  which is a lot worse than the front end crashing IMO 'cause
you'll miss taping something.

In short, the 350-tvout works for testing.  it looks great and I did not
think it was hard to set up (although maybe I got lucky).  just read the
instructions in the file ivtv-fb.c

-jose-