[mythtv-users] Re: Introduction & Questions

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 22 00:03:15 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 21, 2003, at 16:23 US/Pacific, Todd D. Woodward wrote:

> Should I assume from your comment (and others I have read) about the
> TV-out,
> that the TV-out is better coming from the 350 than from the Pundit?

I've never used either one, but the 350 TV-Out incorporates hardware
mpeg2 decoding.

>>> *Am I right in concluding that the Pundit's front panel memory card
>>> reader isn't
>>> working right in Linux yet or in MythTV?
>>
>> Correct. The issue is the lack of Linux support for the card reader,
>> so
>> it isn't something MythTV can do anything about just yet, I believe.
>
> Looks like support for it is making it into a future version of the
> Linux kernel
> at some point.

Yes, it is just a matter of time...

>>> * AAC isn't supported yet?
>>
>> As in AAC audio files, playable via MythMusic? No, I believe they are
>> not yet supported (unless I missed something in the 0.12 release
>> notes).
>
> What player does MythMusic use? XMMS has plugins available for AAC.

See thor's reply. I figured you were referring to AAC files served off
a Mac. I'm waiting for that support also. :)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...