[mythtv-users] Hardware Encoding Card

Mark E. Matula mmatula at charon.dnsalias.net
Tue Oct 21 15:12:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Mark Meenahan wrote:

> Anyone bought a Hauppauge 350 lately? Where and what price? Wondering where
> a good deal can be had.

I just got one from shopperwiz.com for $180 shipped to Illinois.  I that was
the best price epinions.com kicked out at the time.  I ordered it last
Tuesday, and I got screwed by UPS, so didn't get it until yesterday.
Slapped it in alongside my PVR-250, tweaked modules.conf and re-ran
mythtv-setup and was recording two shows in a snap.  Haven't tackled
playback with it yet.  FWIW, dual recording went fine on a PII-400.

HTH.

--
Mark Matula
"You know, we've won awards for this crap."