[mythtv-users] Re: Audio problems with 0.12 and pvr-250rev1

werpy at brookings.net werpy at brookings.net
Tue Oct 21 14:52:14 EDT 2003

>>since my update from 0.11 to 0.12 I can only record the first program WITH
>>audio. The next program has no audio. I tried mp3 encoding and mpeg-2 audio
>>encoding in the record profiles. I check the file with mplayer and windows
>>media player. Both have an audio track but it is muted.
>>Any hints ?

I have the same setup and I am seeing the same issue.  I upgraded to 0.12 and in
the process I spent a lot of time tweakin the new recording settings in order to
get Live TV working OK (I came at the problem from a different direction from
you).

After finding settings that would make Live TV come up ok and not crash the
frontend (I was getting constant rebuffering messages, does anyone know why), I
got Live TV working OK, but the audio would not come off of mute until I turned
the channel, then it would work fine.  Some recordings worked ok, but they had
to switch channels to record.  I noticed that when initally going into Live TV
that test_ioctl for the 250 showed mute to be set on.  In fiddling with the
settings I found that forcing mute off (without changing the channel), would
bring the sound back right away.

Then this morning I had 2 recordings from the channel that I had happend to
leave the tuner on when leaving the Watch TV option, and they had no sound.  Fix
was the same as before, but this bug appears to be repeatable and fixable.

My only guess is that mute is getting set somewhere and is not getting changed
when the card is initally accessed for either recording or watching TV.

I know this doesn't give you answers, but someone else is seeing the
problem.