[mythtv-users] mythtv, lirc, and DCT 2000

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 21:25:42 EDT 2003

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I thought this would be the best point
in the list to ask this question:

How can you tell that the firmware version is 7.73 (or 7.54 for that
matter).  The versions numbers I get from dmesg look like 2.04.011 and
similar (this is a version of the encoder).

I am trying to find out how to pick a proper version of firmware and I have
seen conflicting use of firmware version numbering and other types of
identification.  I have been assuming that a higher number in the dmesg
output is better (newer) and so have tried to stick with higher-numbered
firmware.

If anyone can help me gain some insight I would be very greatful.  TIA!!

-- Harry O.