[mythtv-users] wow, what a great program

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Mon Oct 20 11:40:42 EDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, gerhard aldorf wrote:

> Hi all
> I finally got this beast working and I simply love it, great thank´s Isaac and the rest of the developer for making such a great program.
> Unfortunatly I still struggle with some issues here manly LIRC. I use RH9 and followed the instructions from:
> http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250 but I just cant get it to work. I also tried to compile LIRC with the following error.
>
> My system:
> asus pundit
> pvr250
> RH9

{stuff clipped}

You must have gone off the board for $50 when following the instructions
;)

Did your apt-get install of the LIRC packages complete fully?

# apt-get install lirc-kmdl-$KERNEL
# apt-get install lirc

Run a 'rpm -qa | grep lirc' to make sure.

Also, make sure that your ivtv module is loaded before trying the LIRC
stuff.  I know on my pundit I'm having trouble getting ivtv to load at
startup, this of course will hinder lirc from working since it requires
ivtv to provide the hooks into the PVRx50 hardware.  It is easy to get the
PVRx50 working, then reboot for one reason or another, and move onto the
LIRC install and not realize that the ivtv module isn't loaded.

Hopefully I said that all correctly, since I'm at work and going from
memory.  It is still pretty fresh since I got my Pundit and PVR350 just
last week.

~cj