[mythtv-users] PVR350 Timing issues? (WatchingLiveTV->None->RecordingOnly and vice-versa)

Chris Delis chris at delis.net
Mon Oct 20 09:29:14 EDT 2003

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the PVR350 decoder when switching
between modes?

When I am watching live tv and a scheduled recording is about to start,
mythfrontend seems to lockup.  Also, there are times when I simply leave
live tv to get to the main menu and mythbackend dies.

Note that all of this happens only when using the decoder (/dev/video16)
with the ivtv-fb framebuffer device.  All seems to work ok when I use
the Xv display (my monitor).

The reason I suspect a timing issue of sorts, is twofold: 1) When I
pause live tv or prerecorded show, the OSD reflects the wrong time
(when I first start up myth and go live tv and hit pause right away,
I notice the OSD says its 4 minutes behind).  2) In tv_rec.cpp, I was
able to get things working by adding time to the usleep() system calls
in TVRec::StartRecording (I haven't yet figured out how to fix the crash
when leaving live tv).

--Chris