[mythtv-users] HDTV question

Mon Oct 20 15:32:03 EDT 2003

> I was wondering if anyone who's had some experience with HD
> streams could be of any help. Where should I check? I've got a 7200 RPM

Well, I haven't seen an HD, but why not break it down a bit more.  Can your PC record OK?  ie set a recording in progress and terminate the frontend.  Can you play this back in mplayer?

Can mplayer play back streams which have been recorded to disk? (In DVB you tune the card, then do something like: cat /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0 > somefile)

Fiddle with the mplayer options and make sure that you have XV working and not software playback.

Now you will at least have some more info as to where the problems lie...