[mythtv-users] Re:installation failing with apt-get

mail bag mailbag at alanwsmith.com
Sun Oct 19 18:23:27 EDT 2003

I'm working thru the directions on this page:

(which is a very handy resource, thanks for putting it together).

Unfortunately, I also ran into trouble when trying to install the mythtv-suite.

To trouble shoot, I tried installing mythtv by itself and got a message saying that lame wasn't installed and wasn't going to be. Looking in the apt's sources.list file I discovered that the freshrpms was set to:

rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 os updates

instead of :

rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386 os updates freshrpms

adding in the freshrpms category and then doing apt-get update (took two times for some reason) seemed to take care of the problem.

-a