[mythtv-users] db connection problems with remote frontend

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 18 18:48:22 EDT 2003

Ok, I'm confused, are these settings right for a remote setup? I have a
master backend and frontend machine, then a remote frontend. I just updated
to the latest CVS on the backend today, and the remote frontend was last
night.

Masterbackend:
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
DBHostName=localhost
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg

Remote Frontend:
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
DBHostName=192.168.1.28
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg

/mythcompiledir/mythtv/setup/ ./setup -> general
IP address for localhost: 192.168.1.28 (was 127.0.0.1 by default)
Master Server IP address: 192.168.1.28 (was 127.0.0.1 by default)
--------
MythWeb problem - After I fiddled with these ip settings in ./setup on the
backend, MythWeb would no longer connect to the database! I changed the ip's
back and still nothing! What's going on?

/..web../mythweb/config/conf.php define('db_host', localhost');

Warning at /usr/local/share/apache/htdocs/pvr/includes/mythbackend.php, line
71:
fsockopen() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given

Fatal Error at /usr/local/share/apache/htdocs/pvr/includes/mythbackend.php,
line 17:
Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?
---------
Remote MythFrontend problem - live video from "Watch TV" plays for one
second then freezes, reporting "pause buffer.." I'm running it on 10/100
through my switch at 2300kbps mpeg4 video, no reason for this. If I go
"Watch Recording" then it will list them, but no previews. If I select one
it will give me errors trying to find the file. Now do I have to NFS mount
these? I've had varrying oppinion on this.