[mythtv-users] Myth playback quality

Chris mythtvusers.x.kyanos at spamgourmet.org
Sat Oct 18 17:02:16 EDT 2003

 I've become very fond of Myth since I started using it, and I would
like to use it full time (not even bother with the VCR as a backup).
One of the things preventing me from doing so is the playback quality
from within the Myth viewer.  It's pretty good (I have a PVR-250), but
it blurs on fast-moving objects.  It also looks weird on animated things
(like a cartoon mouth) where it jumps between two positions.

 If I go track down the actual .nuv file and play it using mplayer,
those quality issues go away, so I know it's not the file itself.  I've
got all the quality settings I could find in myth cranked way up but it's still
happening.  Any suggestions?

 Oh, and is there some combination of settings to use with
PVR-250-generated files to get commercial skip more reliable?  It seems
to work fine for the first 30 minutes of a show then thinks the next
commercial is the end credits.  I've tried changing the settings but
haven't found one that works any better.

 Thanks all!

--
Chris Witham <mythtvusers.x.kyanos at spamgourmet.org>
Computer Engineer and Geek

Today's inspirational saying from despair.com:

Bitterness:  Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world,
             because there's nothing the world loves more than
             the taste of really sweet dreams.