[mythtv-users] TV Out on the dreaded Raedeon card

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 17 17:32:48 EDT 2003

On Friday, Oct 17, 2003, at 16:23 US/Pacific, cmisip wrote:

>> When using the fglrx driver, the frontend didn't crash, per se. I was
>> never able to view any video, and got a black screen, with the same X
>> error message repeated several times a second in the terminal window
>> from which I launched the frontend. I can't recall if I was able to
>> cleanly exit or not. With the radeon driver, I didn't have the
>> problem,
>> but it has its own issues w/1920x1080 sources (I'm told it is an Xv
>> scaling bug in the driver).
>>
>> --Jarod
>
> The fglrx driver is available from the ati website for the ati radeon
> 9800.

It also works with several other cards, but yes.

> What other radeon driver are you talking about with the scaling
> bug.

The other Radeon driver I'm talking about is the radeon driver. Note
the capitalization. The open-source, included w/XF86 driver, for ATI's
Radeon-series cards is the "radeon" driver, as opposed to ATI's own
"fglrx" driver.

> If my source is cable tv, will it work ( I dont have HDTV anyway)
> with the TV out?

You won't be subject to the particular issues I was having w/my pcHDTV
card, so in theory, it should work, but as always, ymmv...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...