[mythtv-users] Updated French translation (Resent: too big filesize)

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard petecool at vl.videotron.ca
Fri Oct 17 18:04:16 EDT 2003

Tarek Lubani wrote:

>As a small curiousity, is there a difference between the Quebec french
>that you probably speak and France's? I realize that probably Quebec
>doesn't make many electronics, so your electronics probably carry
>France's french words.. Uh oh. I just confused myself : )
>
>tarek : )

No, actually France's computing language is pretty hard to understand
here... some words as used in France simply make no sense at all, the
words simply _can't_ connect with what the thing is... the people that
created those words took some large doses of *unidentified hallucinating
substance* that day...

Every French person I heard talking about technology and computing was
hard to understand, my friends/school colleagues all agree on that too
(we have many French teachers), so I guess we don't have the same IT
language at all :)

Pete