[mythtv-users] Color (hue)

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Fri Oct 17 12:40:13 EDT 2003

Yes, I've read the through the archives.
No, I'm not using a nVidia driver.

Now please don't flame me as I ask a question.

Last night I upgraded from Redhat 8.0 to Redhat 9 (because the latest
CVS would not compile because I was using QT 3.0).  Now when watching
Live TV or watching a recording, all the colors are whack.  It's like
it's displaying RBG instead of RGB (blue and green are swapped).  Now,
it's NOT a problem with the bttv stream, because on the "Watch
Recordings" screen where there's the small preview movie of the
recording, the colors are absolutely perfect.  So it's only when it uses
Xv to display.  Now, it's also not an issue with adjusting the Hue on a
per-channel basis, because even the OSD is affected.  Instead of the
standard blue OSD, it's green.  So, even if I adjust the hue to get the
tv picture to look ok, the OSD is still green.  There's something more
sinister going on here.

I'm using the SiS graphics chip (315) on my Shuttle XPC.

I've recompiled the sis driver and that Hue setting is at the same
setting that worked perfectly in my Redhat 8.0 setup.

Any ideas at all?  Anyone else get these odd Xv color effects?

--
Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer  |  Digital Sandbox, Inc.
"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who know binary