[mythtv-users] Updated dct-channel for controlling DCT-2000 via serial port

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Fri Oct 17 02:57:35 EDT 2003

I wrote a better version of my serial port channel changing program
for the DCT-2000 series cable boxes.  It now builds with
autoconf/automake and supports a bunch of useful command-line options.

I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who tries it; it's still only
tested on my cable box, but it should run much better and be more
reliable than the Python scripts.  (If you run into trouble, run it
with -vv and send me the output)

The code has been rewritten so it's all GPL now.

Isaac, perhaps this can get included in the contrib/ directory?

It's available at http://jim.sh/tv/dct-channel-1.2.tar.gz

-jim