[mythtv-users] Installation Instructions for a Linux Newbie

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Thu Oct 16 15:29:32 EDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Holden, Tim wrote:

> Where can I find detailed installation instructions that will assist me in
> installing MythTV? I have very little experience with Linux.

This really depends on what distribution of Linux you'll be using, and
what hardware you have, or plan to use.

This link is great:

But certainly start out with the http://www.mythtv.org/ page.  Be sure to
look at the General Info / Lists page, as it contains details about
prerequisites.

And of course, perhaps start out by going to the bookstore and picking up
a Linux book (select a distribution) that perhaps contains the latest or
near latest Linux install CDs.  Install it a few times, play with it,
screw it up, and re-install.  Get the general feel for how things work.
Then tackle the MythTV stuff...

Good luck...

~cj