[mythtv-users] Debian install SQL problems

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sat Oct 11 01:13:57 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 06:29:44PM -0700, Lorrin Nelson wrote:

> I modified mysql.txt to have a strictly alphabetic password, did a
> 	apt-get --purge remove mythtv-database
> 	apt-get install mythtv-database
>
> But I still get the same error:

By purging the package, you are undoing the changes that you made (it will
remove the configuration files).  Of course, it should also be generating a
new random password, and so it should be unlikely to have the same problem
the second time.

> Setting up mythtv-database (0.11-1) ...
> Database 'mythconverg' on host 'localhost' already exists, skipping
> database initialization
> Failed to execute SQL: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON mythconverg.* TO
> mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY '\nYou have an error in your SQL syntax
> near ''' at line 1 at -e line 8, <> line 1.
> dpkg: error processing mythtv-database (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255

Instead, run dpkg-reconfigure --force -plow mythtv-database and enter a
password manually rather than letting it generate one.

--
 - mdz