[mythtv-users] Global colour saturation

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Oct 15 14:39:28 EDT 2003

Steve Hill wrote:
> Is there a global colour saturation control anywhere in Myth?  F5/F6 seems
> to work on a per-channel basis, but my TV card always seems to
> under-saturate the colours in the picture so I need some way of turning up
> the colour on all channels (and I don't much feel like manually changing
> the settings for each of the 70 or so channels I have set up).

I set my 'defaults' like this:

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> update channel set contrast=24500,brightness=35500,colour=32768,hue=32768;

then use the function keys to adjust the stations that I know
need to be tweaked.

I think the next thing should be global setting per card type.
My bttv and ivtv settings are very different so I have to hack
around this. So if my bttv contrast is 24500 and ivtv is 32768
and the channels default to 50% it should do cardContrast +
channelContrast - 32768. That way decreasing the contrast on
channel 30 will tweak it for both kinds of cards even though
their defaults are different.

This would also make it easier to set the global default if
you only have one card type but this won't be in 0.12 ;-).

--  bjm