[mythtv-users] mythgame and browsing long rom lists

Wed Oct 15 16:44:00 EDT 2003

> This is something I've been thinking about recently, and would be willing to
> work on, for mythmusic.  I have roughly 11,000 mp3's (all categorized by
> artist->album), and it's a pain to browse these by one long list of artists.
> While it's helpful that you can jump through the list by letter, I've always
> wondered if a program-finder-type browse mode would be more helpful...  is
> this already being worked on or thought about?

I ripped all my CD's and feel somewhat similarly.  However, I think part of the answer is to get the genre stuff working for you.  Use only a fairly small subset of genre tags (think more like "mood" tags)

Have a look at a couple of decent tagging programs - easytag seems to be the best under linux, but there are better things available for windows (perhaps run under wine?)

The main thing then would be to have multiple root nodes in the listing tree, one for each type of sort order, eg "by genre", "by artist", etc.

Would this not work for you?