[mythtv-users] TV Out on the dreaded Raedeon card

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 23:43:07 EDT 2003

Unfortunately, there's just one catch...

According to ATI's website, the new drivers only
support the Radeon 8500 and higher.  The reason for
this is that the GPUs used in these cards are very
similar to those that are used in the FireGL cards.

This really sucks because I have an original
All-In-Wonder Radeon (from before the 7500) and I'd
really like to use it for TV-Out with my MythTV
machine rather than the GeForce4 440MX that I picked
up (the picture is much clearer on the ATI card).

The GATOS drivers are the closest that you'll get to
TV-Out with the Radeon 7500.  And getting them to work
can be downright difficult, I've tried myself.  I got
TV-Out working, but couldn't get MythTV to work
without crashing (because recompiling your XFree86 can
cause problems with other programs that rely on it).

-- Joe