[mythtv-users] tv_grab_na doesn't work with zap2it anymore

Chad Sutton csutton at chadarius.com
Tue Oct 14 18:58:03 EDT 2003

I am getting "looks like we located the right form,
check postal/zip code on zap2it.com web site (maybe they're down)"
when I run tv_grab_na.

I noticed on the zap2it.com web site that after entering my zip code
manually the web site gives me a 404 error.

The URL that I get is
http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/index.asp?partner_id=national&m
ash=mash1&zipcode=60130&submit1=Continue

However I read somewhere that there was a change at one point and I
manually tried using tvlistings.zap2it.com... (got rid of the "2"). It
worked after that (manually atleast). I then tried to edit the
ZapListings.pm file to use the tvlistings.zap2it.com URL.

Once I change to that URL I seem to get through the zip code
problem and get the following error:

"zap2it failed to give us a form to choose a Provider
check with zap2it site postal/zip code 60130 is valid"

I posted this to the xmltv bug tracker on SourceForge, but I thought
I'd see if anyone here is having the same problem.

I just got my PVR-250 and I can't change channels because I have no
xmltv! It looks and sounds great, but I can only watch the local
hispanic channel to which the card is tuned to :).

Later,
Chad Sutton
csutton at chadarius.com