[mythtv-users] Possible bug in MythWeb w/Konqueror

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 14 16:19:31 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 14:13 US/Pacific, Chris Petersen wrote:

>> I use MythWeb frequently w/Safari, and just double-checked right now.
>> No problems to speak of, everything works perfectly. I just took a
>> peek
>> at Konq (3.1-15) on RHL9 also. The popups clear, but there's a
>> different problem. They always appear at the very left edge of the
>> screen.
>
> woah, it works in safari?

Yes, indeed. Flawlessly.

> This has been a known bug with khtml, but since konqueror doesn't have
> javascript debugger than I can find, I've had no way to debug the code.
> Basically, konq doesn't follow either the gecko/w3c *or* the IE
> standards for finding element positions.   I'd *love* to get this
> working, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

I presume this is among the many things Apple fixed in khtml, and
shipped over to the Konqueror guys, but it just hasn't made it into
release versions of Konq yet (or at least not versions shipping
w/current release distros; perhaps it is in FC-test3, I'll check later
today).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE