[mythtv-users] Permissions problem with mythweb

Tue Oct 14 14:01:07 EDT 2003

Hi, I realise this has come up a few times in the past, however, I'm a bit stuck debugging this.

Fairly recent (days old) cvs of mythweb and myth.  But opening the recordings screen gives me the following:

Warning at /home/httpd/htdocs/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 169:
is_file(): Stat failed for /home/myth/store//5_20031013203000_20031013210000.nuv.png (errno=13 - Permission denied)

The system is Gentoo, and as you can see myth is installed in /home/myth.  Apache2 seems to be running as user "apache".  Permissions are setup so that everything in /home/myth (including main dir) is chgrp "myth", and that group includes "apache".

Wierd thing is that if I "su apache" then run stat on the files I can see them fine...

Any other suggestions apart from moving it out of /home?  Does anyone know if Apache2 under gentoo is being clever and somehow stopping me accessing /home?  PHP doesn't try and change user to something else does it?

Thanks

Ed W