[mythtv-users] ivtv and stereo sound.

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Mon Oct 13 21:06:53 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
| Top-posting rearranged to protect the innocent.
|
| On Monday 13 October 2003 11:55 pm, Joe Byrne wrote:

I have 2 of those PVR-250 Freestyle cards from Ebay that are supposedly
system pulls from some Gateway machines. I am getting stereo with no
problems and have never experienced a problem with getting only mono. On
the chance your cards are the same as mine, here is my ivtv portion of
/etc/modules.conf:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1 mpg_buffers=90
options tuner type=8
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner

I test the card output with "mplayer /dev/video0" and my audio portion
of the info shows:

Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
MP3lib: init layer2&3 finished, tables done
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 48000->192000 (384.0 kbit)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)

I have 48000Hz configured in myth and have not tried any other rate. I
hope you get your problem resolved!