[mythtv-users] Changing channel station names

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 13 18:30:53 EDT 2003

>>>>> James L Paul writes:
[...]
j> For example, last week my listing for TBS changed to TBSP, and now my
j> MythTV EPS has two channel 45's, one named TBS and one named TBSP, and
j> the TBSP one is correct. It's recording shows at the wrong time, perhaps
j> because TBS is first in the table right now.

        Apart from editing the xmltv config file, the only thing I did
was something like (in mysql):

> update channel set callsign='TBSP', name='Channel 45 TBSP', xmltvid='C45tbsp.zap2it.com' where chanid=1045;

then rerunning mythfilldatabase.  Make sure that 1045 is the correct
chanid.  Since you've already run with a new xmltv config file, you
should also delete the new channel that got added:

> delete from channel where chanid=1xxx;
> delete from program where chanid=1xxx;

where "1xxx" is the new chanid.
--