[mythtv-users] front/back-end vs 'MegaMythTV'

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Mon Oct 13 09:49:15 EDT 2003

I have to agree with Jay. This would ba a nigtmare of IR relaying, RF
comverters, and other minutia. It would be easier to run RJ-45 and
attach an xbox to each end. You could probably build a bracket to hold
an xbox to the underside of a kitchen cupboard.

Refurbished xboxes go fo $145 and an addtional $40 for the IR remote. But
any USB remote that is supported under linux should work. There have even
been people who have used the xpad to control myth. But I have yet to get
this working.

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at jameswhite.org                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
                                                               -Jack Handy