[mythtv-users] MythWeb Docs [Patch]

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 20:09:14 EDT 2003

I finally figured out my problem when it came to "Failed to open stream:
Permission Denied" as a result of the copy() php method for the preview of
video thumbnails in the Recorded Programs page. I just reinstalled Apache
into another folder and realized that they have these default settings in
the http.conf that comes with the source:

User nobody
Group nogroup

Now if we are setting chgrp apache to the image_cache folder then apache has
to be running with that group as far as I understand. So the above should
really be "User apache Group apache"

Would you mind adding something to this effect to the README in MythWeb as
it is needed for the image preview script: "Check your httpd.conf file to
make sure that the "User" and "Group" attributes are set to apache and not
nobody/nogroup. Without this your web server will not have permission to
write to the image_cache folder."