[mythtv-users] Database backup in Mandrake 9.1

Mark Levaillant marklev at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 11 02:13:30 EDT 2003

I have been playing with the mixer and I can not seem to get it to work properly.  Either I get all the sound or nothing.
The documentation did not tell me where the database is.  Just how to back it up.  I need to know where it is so that I can move it to a safe location as I am going to format the
drives.

it should be easy to fix the sound problem, just go into the sound
mixer, and make sure you've muted the line in. However, if you want to
backup the database, instructions are at

Mark Levaillant wrote:

>I have Mandrake 9.1 and sound problems.  I was playing around where I should not have been. Now I get both live and recorded
>audio when watching live TV.
>I have recorded a lot of TV that I want to keep.  I have it all on a separate partition, so I can reinstall the OS and MythTV without
>loosing the TV shows.  I need to know where the database is so that I can back that up to keep all the names etc.  I have a
>120gig drive with 2 gig dedicated to the OS and MythTV.

>Where would the database be, and can I just copy it to a safe partition then back again?

//  Mark Levaillant
//  marklev at shaw.ca
//  http://members.shaw.ca/marklev
//