[mythtv-users] network schedule changes and database not updating

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 10 23:55:26 EDT 2003

>>>>> Vinton Coffman writes:

v> I had "Miss Match" scheduled for "Weekly recording" and NBC made a
v> schedule change (IYRC story regarding this on cnn.com) moving the show
v> from 8 pm to 9 pm.  They also replaced "Boomtown" with L&O:SVU at 10
v> pm.  I don't know when the change was made but zap2it.com has the
v> correct schedule listed for my cable system but my database does not.

v> Should mythfilldatabase or xmltv have caught this and updated the
v> database and EPG?

v> I usually run mythfilldatabase at 4:30 am.  If mythfilldatabase or
v> xmltv can catch this I could re-run it just before 8:00 pm.  This is
v> when I do most of my recording.

        I run mine at around the same time (PDT) and my database is
correct.  mythfilldatabase always updates "tomorrow's" schedule so it
wouldn't have helped if you reran today.  Yesterday's (Thursday) run
should have picked up the updated schedule.  Were there any errors in
that run?  It's a good idea to save the daily mythfilldatabase logs
because there are occasional problems (channel name changes, format
changes, site down, ...) and you may need to rerun or fix the xmltv
config file.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.