[mythtv-users] MythTV compile problem w/ XvMC support

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 00:28:53 EDT 2003

I got a little further after my last post.  I re-read the Nvidia readme and
found out that only one screen can use XvMC in a dual monitor configuration.
  The solution was to change the Device sections in the XF86Config-4 file to
flip-flop the Screen values.  If I make JUST this change (no other changes)
I can get XvMC working on the TV.

There appear to be some hiccups still in XvMC support (some documented in
this list, some apparently not).  I'm still trying to decide if I will leave
XvMC enabled or not.

Have you had any problems with either the inset TV image having black top
and bottom borders in the EPG (M from watching TV) or aborting from
mythfrontend when trying to reenter watch TV (2nd time)?  I'm not sure, but
I think the motion blurring is also worse in XvMC, even if I try to tune the
dnr settings.

This is not to say that any of this would stop me from naming my firstborn
after Isaac   ;-)

-- Harry O.