[mythtv-users] Native LIRC question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:58:11 EDT 2003

OK, so I got ahead of myself a bit.  I figured out how to get a little more
info by enabling the log and verbose messages in mythfrontend.  This is the
output:

2003-10-10 18:12:42 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: Connection refused
Failed to create lirc socket for mythtv
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Input #0, mpeg, from 'rbuf://127.0.0.1:6543/video/ringbuf6.nuv':
  Stream #0.0: Video: mpegvideo_xvmc, 720x480, 29.97 fps, 4400 kb/s
  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 384 kb/s
Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XvMC version: 1.0
Using XV port 105

So I guess my problem is that the native lirc cannot connect to the socket.
I'm still at a loss.  Does anyone who has this working have any suggestions?
  (BTW: I checked and I am running LIRC 0.7pre1, not pre2, in case that
matters).  As always, TIA!

-- Harry O.