[mythtv-users] Serial ATA and Gentoo

Scott Seaman zilch_srs at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:51:11 EDT 2003

Thanks Curtis.  Another question for ya, I am currently using an IDE CDROM
and the S-ATA hard drive.  When I set the BIOS settings for pure legacy, the
board basically deactivates my IDE CDROM.  Makes sense, I guess.  So I used
a combined SATA/IDE setting in the BIOS.  The system boots off of the Gentoo
CD, and I see messages flash by on starting Gentoo that say that it
recognizes ICH5-SATA, along with a bunch of devices that quickly scroll off
the screen.  What is the name of the drive in /dev?  Or do I now need to
load the drivers that other people have been talking about?

Thanks!

srs