[mythtv-users] Cool idea: Use wireless PDA to control Myth

Fri Oct 10 16:32:20 EDT 2003

If someone wanted to persue this idea, then I would have thought the mythlcd module was the correct place to put it.

The idea here is to have an lcd/vfd panel of arbitrary size, with arbitrary number of keys on a keypad.  The display shows state of the system and the keys can be programmed to do what you want...

The system used at the moment in myth can actually talk to a curses type console, so you could presumably get the status up on your palm with a terminal type application.  Mapping keypresses back to the app is another step.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean [mailto:shomann2 at insightbb.com]
Sent: 10 October 2003 15:20
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Cool idea: Use wireless PDA to control Myth

I have only been skimming this idea, but it seems to me that if a remote
interface was built for any networkable device (WiFi, Bluetooth), then you
could control your MythTV from anywhere. Maybe an extension to the Web
interface? A remote with feeback (2way) would be kick-ass and a handheld
would allow for macro scripting and playlist creation...
Hmmmm...

Since I am not a programmer these ideas sound great to me, but may not be
the easiest thing in the world to implement ;)