[mythtv-users] IVTV and Unresolved symbols -- pte_offset

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 9 21:17:53 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 9, 2003, at 15:48 US/Pacific, Shane Painter wrote:

> Are you saying that it is just fine to use IVTV even thought the _fb
> module has unresolved symbols? That is what it sounds like -- just
> wanted
> to make sure that Myth does not access the frame buffer for anything...

Yes, I'm using those drivers right now without issue on my PVR-250. The
ivtv_fb module only becomes an issue when you're trying to use the
PVR-350's video out. To get rid of the error messages (until an updated
package is created that fixes the issue outright), you can simply
remove the ivtv_fb module, though it shouldn't be a problem if you just
leave it there.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE