[mythtv-users] MythMusic Problem?

Couvrette, Jeffrey C. JEFFREY.C.COUVRETTE at saic.com
Thu Oct 9 17:58:33 EDT 2003

I have gotten Myth up and running again after a fresh install and everything
is working well, except mythmusic.  I am having the same problem I have had
in the past; when I open mythmusic, I get an error in the terminal window
saying, "metadata.o: Your database is out of whack.  This is not good."
Followed by "playlist.o: Hey! I can't load playlists if you don't give me a
hostname!"  If I try and run the scan for music, the frontend crashes.

I have my mythtv computer on a house network connected to the internet
through a router.  I have adjusted /etc/hosts to look like this

127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
192.168.0.100	polaris.home

where 192.168.0.100 is the IP address that the DHCP server on the router is
set to give to the MAC address of my mythtv computer.  At the graphical
login, it says "Welcome to polaris.home" and the terminal prompt is
[mythtv at polaris 'directory']$
So I trying to eliminate it being a hostname error as described in the
playlist.o error, but am I missing something?  And I have tried just using
localhost.localdomain in previous installations, with the same problems.

I setup the sql database for Mythmusic the same as I did for all other
mythtv components, as directed in Jarod's guide.

I didn't get any response when I posted this three weeks ago, so I am trying
to include more information this time.  This is a problem I am having in a
fresh install after following Jarod's install guide.  My system is a Asus
Pundit with a Hauppauge Freestyle card.  I am having no other problems that
I have noticed.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Any help would
be great.  I am very happy with the way MythTV is working, but I am the same
way as most of us are and won't be able to just use Myth until I get
everything tweaked right and up and running.

Thanks for all the help and great effort put into this project

Jeff