[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Media MVP

Jason Radford jasonml at iconimaging.net
Thu Oct 9 17:37:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:23:16 +1000
"Christian Hack" <christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au> wrote:

> > No doubt. It'd be pretty cool if you could actually make all
> > of it work
> > as a remote fe... My wife might actually let that sit next to
> > the other
> > TVs (only the home theater room gets a Myth box right now; I've
> > suggested adding more for the other TVs, but she shot me down... :).
> > Can't argue with the price, either.

I dont have any first hand experiece with the PRISMIQ MediaPlayer but
this seems to be the way to go.  They have a community website and suport
linux based servers (beta) and they play mpeg1/2/4 files also.  Mythtv
integration would be a HUGE plus to have this on the tv (nice and quite)
and connect via wireless or wired back to a windows/linux box.  Of course
it's $249 vs $99, but it looks like you get alot more flexibility.

Anyone have any experience with one of these?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/video/5e77/
http://www.prismiq.org/

-jason