[mythtv-users] IR device

Shawn Kwang skwang at hep.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 9 13:47:21 EDT 2003

    I would like to control mythtv (frontend) via a remote control, like
many others of you.  I have both a WinTV PVR-250 remote, but the card
itself is installed in my backend machine.  The frontend machine has no IR
receiver so I wanted to buy one.  I figure I have the remote I already
have (I also have a A/V receiver remote I could use).  There I am guessing
I need the IR receiver.

    What do people here use for this application?  There is Irman
(http://www.evation.com/irman/) for instance.

    I am more interested in buying than building, but am open to
suggestions.

    The frontend machine is an Asus Pundit with Mandrake 9.1 running
mythtv 0.11 (non-CVS).

Sincerely,
Shawn Kwang
--