[mythtv-users] pvr-250, CLE266, mythCVS working on the same box

Derek Anderson public at kered.org
Thu Oct 9 11:36:11 EDT 2003

inline:

Torsten Schenkel wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 16:29, Derek Anderson wrote:

> Yes, I know, you donīt have to shift devices. BTW did you do anything
> with videdev? Both ivtv and via_v4l bring one on the same device number,
> might there be the problem with ivtv?

no, i didn't touch it, other than letting CLEXF40032 have its way with
it.  of course, i only load it once in /etc/modules.conf.

> But I did it your way round, so we
> should have the same if you didnīt do something about that. But
> HW-decoding works, what doesnīt is ivtv and this should have overwritten
> cle266īs videdev if any. I donīt know. I definitely have problems
> compiling modules if your supposed to stick to a generic kernel and dont
> have the corresponding kernel-headers (why doesnīt redhat have kernel
> headers, only kernel-sources?)

i had problems compiling ivtv as well.  make sure you stick close to
[http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#_jump09a].  my biggest chink was:
  * copy the config that matches your kernel from
    /usr/src/linux-2.4/configs to /usr/src/linux-2.4/.config
well, there are 12 options there.  my uname reports i'm running as i686,
but i had to use kernel-2.4.20-i586.config as my .config to avoid symbol
not found errors.

> So, work day is over soon, Iīm home bound to play with the epia ;-)
> <irony> My wife is anxiously looking forward to this <\irony>, but she
> was the one who didnīt want a full fledged pc in the living area :-)

haha.  yes, everyone laughs at myth/tivo/replay until they actually see
one in action.  i love PVRs.  ;p

--
  Derek C. Anderson
  public at kered.org