[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Media MVP

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 9 01:05:08 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 8, 2003, at 21:25 US/Pacific, Christian Hack wrote:

>> Nifty little thing, though the component video out seems to be a bit
>> of a waste, since it won't handle anything larger than full-rez NTSC
>> or PAL... They mention mpeg2-ts support, but what good is that if it
>> can't decode it in real-time?!? (In the case of a full 1920x1080
>> mpeg2-ts, that is)...
>
> Hmmm and no digital audio out either. Still looks nifty for a budget
> frontend.

No doubt. It'd be pretty cool if you could actually make all of it work
as a remote fe... My wife might actually let that sit next to the other
TVs (only the home theater room gets a Myth box right now; I've
suggested adding more for the other TVs, but she shot me down... :).
Can't argue with the price, either.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE