[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Media MVP

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Thu Oct 9 12:35:54 EDT 2003

Anyone seen or got one of these:

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.pdf

US$99. Has hardware decode of MPEG1/2 streams as well as MP3 -
unfortunately no MPEG4 it seems so it's only really sutiable for DVB /
PVR250 / PVR350 customers. PAL or NTSC output including component and
RGB. Runs some sort of linux.

Would obviously require a lot of hardware hacking and reverse
engineering to get it to work, but it could be a really nice little
frontend for MythTV if the two can be interfaced.

It needs a server on a PC somewhere else so it's probably pretty dumb,
but if you could get the MythTV backend to do this, that could be cool.
I think I might get one just to play with.

CH